Bajaj Holdings & Investment ltd (BHIL) a 100% debt free company part of Bajaj Group is a de-merged entity created as per Order dated 18 December 2007 of the Hon’ble Bombay High Court, whereby manufacturing undertaking has been transferred to the new Bajaj Auto Limited (BAL) and its strategic business undertaking consisting of wind farm business and financial services business has been vested with Bajaj Finserv Limited (BFS). Later Bajaj Holdings & Investment was registered as a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as a ‘Systemically Important Non- deposit taking NBFC’.
Bajaj Holdings & Investment ltd derives its value from its holdings which at current Market Price far exceeds the Marketcap of Bajaj Holdings & Investment ltd.
Holdings Breakup of Major Investments-:
- BHIL holds 33.43% shares of Bajaj Auto ltd which at current market price is valued at 29,000 cr.
- BHIL holds 39.16% shares of Bajaj Finserv which at current market price is valued at 48,000 cr.
- Bajaj Auto Holdings a 100% subsidary of BHIL holds 0.13% shares of Bajaj Finserv which at current market price is valued at 160 cr.
- BHIL holds 24% shares of Maharashtra Scooters which at current market price is valued at 1050 cr.
- BHIL holds 16.31% shares of Bajaj Electricals which at current market price is valued at 950 cr. Apart from that some other Major Investments Include ( As of March 2018) -:
- BHIL holds 4,182,000 shares of National Stock Exchange which will be valued far richly at the time of IPO than at current cost which company records is at 150 cr.
- Other major holdings include10 Lakh shares of Larsen & Turbo & Bata India each, 15 Lakh HDFC Bank, 5 Lakh Infosys, 20 Lakh ICICI Bank, 31 lakh Marico and many More. Key Takeaway is total Holdings of Bajaj Group companies that BHIL holds is 79,000 cr where as Mcap of Bajaj Holdings & Investment ltd is 36,000cr.